- 1 lb. organic ground turkey
- 1 tbsp. minced garlic
- 1 tsp. olive oil
- 15 oz. can black beans, low-sodium, rinsed and drained
- 15 oz. can diced tomatoes with garlic
- 1 tbsp. Tajin seasoning (or homemade taco seasoning)
- 4 oz. can tomato sauce, no salt added
- organic baby spinach OR bib lettuce
- corn tortillas
- salsa for topping
- 1 lime
- goat or feta cheese
- 2 tbsp. chopped cilantro + whole cilantro for garnish
Heat olive oil in skillet over medium-high heat. Add garlic and brown for 2 minutes. Add the turkey and brown completely until no longer pink . Add the black beans, tomatoes, tomato sauce, seasonings and bring to a high simmer. Reduce heat to low and let simmer for about 20 minutes.
Layer a corn tortilla with spinach or bib lettuce, taco mixture, goat/feta cheese, salsa, lime juice and cilantro. Enjoy!
You can also enjoy the taco mixture on a bed of greens with salsa and guacamole as a topping!